Tuesday 18 March 2008

Too Good To Be True

It seems that not only has the installation of my BT net coinnection been a breeze, but so has signing up here. So now I'm doing what I should have done a long time ago and started a blog. It can't be this easy - something's got to go wrong!

For those who don't know me, I'm Ben Willmott. The word Spiky? Well, that's because as well as being a writer - which is how most people probably know me - I run a record label called Spiky, www.myspace.com/spikyrecords
although the name has graced everything from fanzines to club nights. Although, as I never could resist the temptation for a daftly named night, you might have graced the dancefloor of Scum Dancing, Nappy Hardcore, Cyclorama (including the first ever live gig by Mike Paradinashttp://www.planet-mu.com/), House of Nuts (live debut of R.O.C.http://www.rocmusic.com/) or one of any number of other forays into club promoting.

You may even have heard my music. Alongside comrades Ben Crosland and Tony Lee in Slang and acting alone as Slangton, I've been released on K7, Little Star as well as, obviously, Spiky. I love DJ too - you may have seen me spinning anything from drum and bass, breakbeat, electro to chill out at some time or another.

But moan and whinge is what I do best, at least it's given me a living so far. And, obviously, bringing some of the best hither undiscovered music that comes to my attention.

Anyway, as they say in Spinal Tap, "enough of my yacking", let's roll.

No comments: